As I was pondering what exactly to write along with this little outfit post, it struck me that we have never done an Awk and Awe!So Bek and I made up our own name and are going to share some with you today! I love reading these posts on other blogs because they are fun to read while giving a testimony about what is going on in your life without having to get into personal detail.They can make you laugh and smile.Bring out the writer side of the blogger and can can reach out to a lot of readers in different areas of their lives.
- Having a friend, who never stops by, come over unannounced to drop off Mission Trip money while you are still in your nightgown because you slept in too late.
- Picking up a string because out of the corner of your eye it looks like a pin, while you are trying to set a rounded hem.
- Shoveling snow above my head...It is getting so deep on the sides of our drive that we have to heave it up and over our heads to make a 'road' for the van to be able to get out.
- Having my hose slowly fall down during a Mission Team meeting. :P
- Having a friend wear a (shall we say) very bold accessory to church- you having no clue whether to comment about it or not end up saying nothing and feeling bad about it the rest of the day because it probably took a lot of gumption to wear and I really could have said something.
- Being asked by your relatively city-ish relatives, if you need a rooster to get eggs.
- Sweating during church because you are used to having your house temp set at only 58* instead of 80*.
- Being asked if we are Amish, all. the. time!
- Having a new acquaintance ask 'how is school?' before they find out that you 'don't go to school'.
- Bringing your clumsy Saint Bernard to a public setting and having him slobber on a ladies' leather purse while she's cooing to him, which is awkward enough in itself!
- The salesmen at Sam's Club trying to sell you 'Direct TV' every time you go there. And, every time, you have a long shpeel ready about how we do not watch TV and even if we did we can not get a signal in the woods.
- The salesmen trying to convince you that we could get a signal with their amazing service...
- People being afraid to drink raw milk... [Don't even get us started on this! ;-) ]
- Having people ask me when I am graduating and having to explain everything- I have been half way finished since last summer, but still working on the advanced stuff. :)
- Winning the Serenity Runaway Fashion Show! If you voted for me thank you so much! :)
- Having my cousin ask me to watch her kiddos for the next few days! She, in return is giving me a substantial amount toward my ticket fair for the Mission Trip! I am so blessed by her and her husband for this opportunity!
- Argan oil! It is every bit as fabulous as I have heard! Just wonderful on hair!
- Joining The Historical Sew Fortnightly challenge this year! I am so happy to have been directed to it! I will be sharing my projects with you all for sure!
- All that we have. As our Mission Trip draws closer, it becomes a reality how much we are blessed.
- Music. Isn't it just wonderful?!
- 'Daisy' my sewing machine. It is so amazing to me how wonderful she deals with everything! I always want to have a treadle in my life! :)
- Wondering what this year holds.
- All my blogger friends. Love you all so much! :)
- Trying to finish up school!!
- Anticipating how close the Mission Trip is getting and pondering our 'last minute' fundraisers and seeing our amount rise faithfully.
- Putting together our passports! So exiting!
- Hearing from people how much they enjoy our blog and being amazed at their kind words and thoughtful prayers!
|Shoes- gifted // Stockings- ? // Petticoat- made by me // Skirt- vintage- free! // Belt- recently thrifted $2 // Undershirt- goodwill $2 // Blouse- goodwill $4 // Headband- gifted|
With that my friends I will say farewell! I hope you have a great week!
Have you had anything especially wonderful lately?
Have you ever been bestowed upon a vintage treasure just for the taking?
What do you think about 'Funk+Fab'?