Friday, October 16, 2015

Outfit // Fall Flower

Outfit // Fall Flower
Happy Friday all! The days here in Midwest Michigan are getting shorter in daylight hours, the wind has a bit more chill to it, and walnuts, acorns, and leaves from surrounding trees are beginning to litter the grounds. I absolutely love this time of year and have already so enjoyed being able to dress in autumnal attire.

Outfit // Fall Flower
Outfit // Fall Flower
Boots- thrifted, $4? // Socks- Sam's Club clearance, $3 // Slip- me made // Skirt- American Living brand; Goodwill, $3 // Tank- thrifted // Jacket-  thrifted, $3 // Headwrap- Garlands of Grace in Katherine's Fall Flower in Chocolate

These are also the last few weeks we have of going out without the bulkiness of coats, scarves, gloves, and if you're like me, hats also. I've been living in socks, leggings, and shawls. Ahh, the bliss of these months is so warm and cozy.

Can I talk about boots again for a minute? In my last outfit post that was only a few mere posts ago, I told a bit of the saga of the boots I was wearing with that outfit. I also mentioned finding a second pair of brown ones, and well, here are those! Every outfit I've worn out of the house the past two weeks now has consisted of either one pair or the other. I'm happy I've now introduced to each set to you as I'm sure you'll see them many more times before (during?) snow flies. They keep out the chills of Fall winds, keep your toes snug, and allow you to wear shorter skirts more flatteringly that usually could be only worn during Summer months. I really can't emphasize enough how practical these are this time of year.

Outfit // Fall Flower

Outfit // Fall Flower


Outfit // Fall Flower

Though I'd say my flouncy ruffled skirt is the focal point of this outfit, let's not forget about the small Fall rustic token I wore on my head. Garlands of Grace has been one of those companies I've drooled over to order from for such a while. Well I finally jumped on the band wagon of their fans a few weeks back and am SO pleased that I did! For my first order, I wanted to choose from their variety a few of their different styles so I could really put them to the test/see what I fell in love with the most. I'm sure I'll show you in future outfit posts the other wraps I ordered, but for now, let's focus on what I chose to wear with today's outfit.

Kathrine's Fall Flower Headwrap was just the perfect finishing touch for my outfit I donned over the weekend. It comes in three main shades; Persimmon, Denim, and Chocolate. Choosing it it Chocolate seemed like the best choice to suit my wardrobe. Not to mention the coming season! I've worn it many times already; I'm so glad I chose the color combination I did!

Outfit // Fall Flower
Outfit // Fall Flower
Well what do we have here, a few behind the scenes photos? Haha! You'd be right there! Photo taking can at times be a bit tense; either one of us would really rather not be doing the "task", our device decides to act up, or lighting seems to look perfect before on camera and awful later. Anyways, there are days when Bek and I can literally be done in five minutes tops and other days, like the day these photos were taken, when we're in the mood, have plenty of time, and lighting cooperates fairly well. A friend of ours was spending the afternoon with us so we naturally decided we needed to do a Lady of Shalott photo, Fall style. Which I guess turned out pretty well because on showing the best result to Mom (the one shown, yet it was edited) she asked if it was just that! Epic days to be sure. ;)

Outfit // Fall Flower

Well thats all for today folks! As always, thanks for stopping by our corner of the blogging world! Have a great weekend, and, until Monday then!

Do you own any Fall boots?
Ever heard of Lady of Shalott?

Blessings to you all,
Cassie
the elder writer 

6 comments:

  1. I have heard of Lady of Shalott and love how you incorporated a fall version in this post....so dreamy:)
    -Madison
    www.1minniemuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is so cute and eclectic and autumnal Cassie! :D And your Lady of Shallot pose turned out well. ;)
    It's great that you found two pairs of boots you like! I just bought a new pair of black ones myself. They look like English riding boots, which makes me happy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those boots! Boots are my favorite thing to pull out once it's autumn. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, as always, Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lady of Shallot naturally appeared back in the days of English literature class... but I actually first heard of that in the Anne of Green Gables movie! Any other AGG fans out there? :) Just thought I'd ask...

    Have a wonderful day!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts about this post! We allow anonymous comments and enjoy reading them as much as those of our followers, but if you're not signed in, please sign off using some sort of identification. Than you for taking the time to comment!