This post I've been wanting to do for such a while girls! I've shared my current hair care products and some tips for how I take care of my locks before, but since this is something that usually gets switched around either for seasonal reasons or because a product is no longer meeting my needs, I thought it time I gave an update on what I've been using!
- Shampoo: I absolutely love Shea Moisture products for skin and body, so I decided to give their shampoo a try about 6 months ago. I first picked up the 10-in-1 Renewal Shampoo and didn't like it too much. It smelled amazing and was packed with wholesome ingredients, but it didn't seem to wash out of my hair well, leaving it with that sticky feeling we're all accustom to when we're trying to wash our hair too fast. Since I'd spent the money on it though, I decided to not waste it and finished it up, really liking it in the end! Though it still does take a bit longer to fully rinse out, I've just worked with that con because of how it's helped give my hair a full feel and look. I've also found that using a smaller amount than I usually would of shampoo, helps because then there is much less to have to rinse. Also, as you see, I included two of their shampoos here because I actually alternate between using the two. When my hair is needing a good deep clean I'll use the 10-in-1. But when my hair's feeling extra course/dry I'll opt for the Shea Butter as it leaves my hair feeling super nourished!
- Conditioner: I've mentioned in some of my other posts like this one that I rarely condition my hair, but rather run an oil of option through it after I've fully washed it. But this lavender one you see above was on clearance, so I picked it up. I don't adore it, but it's been good for those days my hair is, again, feeling super course. I may look into what other options they have in the future, but I still have a bit of this bottle left.
- Serum: I have a small slew of oils I use for after I've washed my hair. (Anyone want a post on just those?) And this one by Herbal Essence I really have been liking! It's much more lightweight than my beloved Organix Argan, which helps reduce how many times I have to wash my hair as it doesn't lay as heavily on my hair. It helps get the tangles out and just is easy and not sticky to work with!
- Masque: The Grow Gorgeous Overnight Masque is another product I only purchased because of it being in the clearance bin. I've used this maybe five or six times since then and LOVE it. Basically you lather it on the day/night before you plan on washing your hair and just rinse it out! Thats it! It's basically a deep conditioning product thats just amazing to pamper your hair with every so often! I'm not looking forward to paying full price for it once this tube is gone, but I think price is worth it to take good care of your hair if you find something that really works well for you!
- Vitamins: I so need to repurchase this! One day while browsing the health store I happened upon this multi-vitamin. I noticed a big difference in the strength of my nails and hair since taking it. It has both horsetail and biotin in it which is great for both! (It does have some gelatin in it, but its beef sourced, which is great for this kosher eating gal!) I want to do more research in this area and maybe try another brand, but this is what I've been taking a few times a week the past few months.
Whats a favorite hair care item of yours that you've been using?
Do you have any other beauty related posts you'd like me to do?