Monday, September 16, 2013

Counting On God // In Cosy Pastels



Happy week to you all!
   Yesterday was rainy and a bit dreary, but we had a restful afternoon of sewing and getting ready for our hay stock up for the coming winter. This week I was so happy that it started  getting cooler. Though I do not enjoy winter as much as summer, leaving the windows open at night while wrapped up in a thread bare quilt and a good book is so wonderful! 
  I have collected a few wonderful sweaters and was so happy to be able to wear one to church this past Sunday! I love the ease of long jean skirts, long sleeved dresses, flannel slips, thick tights and big floppy sweaters! The cosiness of autumn has crept up on us!




                                                                            My outfit:
                                                             Shoes: yard sale, $1.50
                                                             Tan skirt: thrift shop, $4
                                                             Slip(not pictured): made by me
                                                             Brown undershirt: thrift store, $2
                                                             Pink button up sweater: goodwill, $4
                                                             Pink floral head band/wrap: thrift store, .50
                                                             Flower hair combs: Hobby Lobby, $2





    Our sermon was about counting on God in the midst of our loneliness and  discouragement.This would be ever so hard to deal with without God to comfort us! We mainly stuck to four main points of this topic and kept close to the scriptures since that is the only place we can find true peace!  Since this is something that most everyone goes in and out of at some point in their lives, I thought that I would share a few of those verses with you.

1. When I am lonely Jesus is my constant companion.
    Psalms 139:7-12   We all have (hopefully) heard these verses before but they still bring in a comforting peace every time...    "Where can I go from Your spirit ? Where can I flee from Your presence ? If I go up to the heavens You are there, if I make my bed in the depths, You are there. If I rise up on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.  If I say 'Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,' even the darkness will not be dark to You; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is light to You. For You created my inmost being; You knit me in my mother's womb."
Jeremiah 23:23,24   "Am I only a God near by, declares the Lord, and not a God far away ? Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him ? Do I not fill Heaven and earth ?

2. When I am worried God is my confidence.
   Psalms 16:1 O how this sounds like our plea unto God!   "Keep me safe, O God, for in You I take my refuge.  
   Hebrews 13:5  God's reply...   "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.
   Psalms 23:4   From one of the Christian's favorite palms...  "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me, Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."




3. When I am tempted God is my counselor.
     1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear."
     Job 13:27  "You fasten my feet in shackles, You keep close watch on all my paths."

4. When I am discouraged God is my comfort.
     Psalms 34:18  "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
     James 4:10 "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up."
     Psalms 116:8  "For You, O Lord, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling."

     We can know that God is always with us, but sometimes we need to be refreshed by His promises!
This was fairly simple, but I hope that you find comfort and encouragement in these verses. Keep trucking along everyone!  :)

    I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.                 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will find rest.
                                                                                                                           Palms 16:8,9




           I, Cassie, did Bekah's hair from a tutorial off of The Boyer Family Singers, thanks ladies! We love the turnout!


                                                                        Rebekah's outfit:
                                                       Black ankle strap shoes: goodwill, $3
                                                       Black and floral skirt: had forever,   ?
                                                       Black long sleeve shirt: thrift shop, dollar day
                                                       Coral sleeveless shirt: thrift shop clearance rack, .50
                                                       Pink headband: ?
                                                       Black leather hair 'stick through': fair stand, $5
                                                      




                            What was your sermon about ?
                                        Did you have a chance to wear one of your cosy favorites yet ?
                                                 What season makes you happy ?

                                   Better get down to dinner!      ttfn           
                                                                                                            ~ Cassie

19 comments:

  1. I forgot what my sermon was about... Whoops...
    No... Not yet ... I actually wear short sleeves during the winter here( yes it does get below 10) but. I wear jackets... I don't have an comfy cozys...
    I like spring:) I like flowers and pretty colors and new things
    Do you guys grow hay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks for the comment!
    We do not grow our own, but buy it locally about three or four times a year(stock up). Be blessed!
    ~Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you actually lift the baled of hay yourself? How much do they weigh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do. :-) It depends, but normal bales weigh 40-50 pounds... If you aren't strong when you start baling/stacking, you will be by the end of the day! ;-D ~Rebekah,the other author

      Delete
    2. P.S.
      You mentioned it gets below zero where you live... where are ya from? We live in Michigan, it doesn't typically get that cold, but it certainly can. (And has!) ;-) ~Rebekah

      Delete
    3. Oh... sorry, below TEN. Hahaha... Well, it certainly DOES get that cold here then... :)

      Delete
    4. Oh it gets below 0. Cold -15 degree mournings... But I live in Idaho

      Delete
  4. Well that's not to bad... I'd be dead not strong ... God blessed with a nonfamily... I don't like killing animals and I think horses are big and and bug and huge and I'm not strong I'm kinda tinyish I'm like 5'2 and maybe 100 lbs yea not strong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... Yes, it can sometimes FEEL like you're dead when you finish! ;-) ~Rebekah

      Delete
    2. Idk how you survive!!! Ya must be so busy!! How do you have time to do activities or hang with friends!?!

      Delete
  5. Wow. Absolutely lovely outfits.
    And the two hairdo's are gorgeous!

    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was very special you posting your sermon notes. What a fantastic way to remember, remind others! Our Lord never leaves us or forsakes us. I like that your blog has interests of yours and edification combined. We are in this world not of it as we have been adopted into God's kingdom through Jesus Christ His son...but we get to enjoy it more than anyone because of the Love of God that is shed abroad in our hearts we have a neighbor- where are you, who is next to you...there is your neighbor. We are blessed on this earth. Thank you for the encouraging words to help us through trying times- we do have a Saviour who walks with us through whatever comes our way. The Lord bless you ... keep up the excellent blog posts. Mamajo I call myself as I am a mother of nine and I appreciate uplifting blogs that my girls can follow and be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen! Thanks so much for your comment! We will be doing our best to get an over view of our sermon every week to everyone!
    ~Cassie and Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't had a chance to wear any of my most favorite sweaters yet, though I can't wait to! And thank you so much Cassie for posting about your sermon, these Scripture verses are such an encouragement to me.

    God bless you both,

    Brigid
    The Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by Brigid! So glad that these verses encouraged you!
    ~Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Cassie's outfit -- it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi girls!
    You both did a lovely job pulling together you're beautiful outfits! You look so lovely and happy in the photos! And I think Bekah did a fabulous job on her hair, too.

    I love reading all of your posts, and I have to tell you I am a big fan of Shoshana's Bulk Herb Store, and I believe we have a book or two of their's as well.

    Have a wonderful day girls!

    Love,

    Jessica
    the boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jessica! Thanks so much and I am so glad you all know about Bulk Herb Store and No Greater Joy! Thanks for stopping by!
    ~Cassie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts about this post! We allow anonymous comments and enjoy reading them as much as those of our followers, but if you're not signed in, please sign off using some sort of identification. Than you for taking the time to comment!