Monday, February 24, 2014

Built By Our Cornerstone || Seersucker Black + White

Hello lovelies! I have had  a great weekend getting back into the life of things around my own house again after having been gone most of this past week. I do recall letting you all know a few weeks ago that I would be helping my cousin and her husband out for a few days- taking care of their little ones- but the date was misunderstood- thus it was this week! Anyways....

Everything went great and I am ever so happy to be home again!



"Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone; in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit."  Ephesians 2:20-22

"When God afflicts thee, think He hews a rugged stone
  Which must be shaped, or else aside as useless thrown."
                                                              - Richard Chenevix Trench


"Oh, thrice fools are we, who like new-born princes weeping in the cradle, know not that there is a kingdom before them; then, let our Lord's sweet hand square us, and hammer us, and strike off the knots of pride, self-love, and world-worship, and infidelity, that He may make us stones and pillars in His Father's house!"
                                                                                                                                   - Samuel Rutherford

Isn't that quote just wonderful!? I thought that these coordinating verses and phrases were too meaningful to pass up!

All quotes have been taken from "Joy and Strength" by Mary Wilder Tileston.

Shoes- Charlotte Russe borrowed // Stockings- Hue brand gifted // Slip- made by me // Skirt- Target brand thrifted $1! // Undershirt- thrifted $1 ? // Sweater- gifted // Headband- gifted

I usually have such a hard time with the 'gibson roll headband tuck'! I love the style so much, but for the longest time I have not been able to make it work. Even the pony-tail tuck method. Which is pretty unusual for me- I am one who loves finding new styles and am pretty good at just looking at a photo to get the idea of what to do to achieve the look. I decided on Saturday night that this would be the perfect touch to my outfit and that maybe if I tried a headband that I liked (and matched- yay!) but had an odd fit that it may just be the ticket out of my bind.

I was so happy when it worked! If you would like to see the tutorial that Bek and I are so fond of, you may watch it here. Just a tip- if you have longer hair and have also tried this style unsuccessfully, try to make the roll look and then take the ends and lay/wrap them around the elastic (part that you are folding around) so that the ends will not un-tuck and fall out. This is now my main key in styling this with long hair, along with pinning the headband in place before you begin folding.
See if it works- let me know if ya need help!


This vintage touched outfit was inspired by one of my dearest bloggers. Brigid had the most wonderful post last week to welcome me home with! I love her writing, adventurous sewing expertise, and ultimately her love for Yahweh- honoring Him with the fine example of modest, feminine and vintage style.
Thank you Boyer Family Singers for all you do to brighten each week, share your divine singing, and encourage us ladies in our walk with the Lord!

 IMG_6572

    Brigid:   Turtleneck and Skirt-Land's End // Necklaces-Gift // Shoes-Hand-me-downs from Jess // Stockings-Target? Watch-Gift

                                               IMG_6569
So, lets see here how I used this darling outfit to bring about my own!
Scrambling around our closet Saturday eve brought out many an outfit before this was voted for by yours truly. I had been saving this skirt for the spring and summer months ahead, but since I was getting a bit 'desperate' I opted for this delightful seersucker find. Grabbed my fabulous gifted sweater and then was slightly stumped. So I searched my memory for shoe and stocking inspiration- remembering Brigid's post it came together wonderfully! Plus I have really been wanting to wear these shoes my cousins let me borrow! I have been considering buying a pair so she suggested that I borrow her's to see just how much I would wear them. I personally would like a more leather then patent look to my own, but I am so grateful for her willingness to let me keep them a while!

The rundown- Solid sweater, knee length printed skirt, white stockings, patent shine shoes.


"Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.                 
                                                                                                                     2 Peter 3:18

"For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."
                                                                                                                  
                                                                                                                       1Corinthians 3:9 (NIV)


                                                             "Mercy unto you, and peace, and love be multiplied."
                                                                                                       Jude 2

Also- I was so happy when I received my first copy of the Shining Stars Magazine!! It is amazing!!! Since most of you come from the same kind of lifestyle as I, I know each of you needs to subscribe! Click the button link on our sidebar for the easy and free signup! Let me know if you have any questions!




                                                                                 Have you ever babysat overnight?
                                                                           Do you receive the Shining Stars Magazine? 
                                                                            What was your sermon about this week?
                                                                    Who out there follows the Boyer Family Singers Blog?

                                                                                                            Shalom!
                                                                                                         Your Writer,
                                                                                                              Cassie


6 comments:

  1. Your outfit is adorable Cassie! The seersucker skirt is my favorite part of the outfit. Thank you so much for "featuring" a pic of my outfit! I'm so glad that our blog is such an encouragement to you and so many other young ladies. Sometimes when I stop and think about it I am completely overwhelmed and humbled at how God is using our blog to minister to our fellow sisters in Christ. I would probably have never chosen the path that He is leading us on, but I am enjoying every step of the way!

    I've never heard of the Shining Stars magazine, but I'm going to have to check it out!

    Blessings in Him,

    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit Cassie! I like the way you are wearing your hair! And that skirt, me likey! Our sermon was in John, Chapter 1- I wrote about it in a post so won't bother you with writing about it here.:) I have never heard of the Shining Stars magazine, but will have to check into it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit! Your skirt is sooo adorable! I've been trying to do my hair the way you have it, but unfortunately, I am very bad at styling hair!
    I have never heard of the Shining Stars magazine, but it sounds good!
    I actually just found the Boyer Family Singers blog a few days ago because you mentioned them on your blog! It is wonderful! I really like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet outfit! :) Good job finding inspiration in Brigid's post. I most certainly follow their blog.
    Our sermon this week was our pastor's last Sunday morning sermon before retirement! :( His main theme was about how Christians should "keep on" even through the hard times. He used passages from Matt. 10, Heb. 10 and 11, and examples of stories of heroes of the faith. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Shining Stars!! I'm sure that you'll enjoy it too. Your skirt is cute -- I like the length.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey.....You wouldn't happen to be the Hannah that wrote this issue's book review (Every Young Woman's Battle) would you?

      I am so glad I found them- truly amazing and highly encouraging!

      Cassie

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts about this post! We allow anonymous comments and enjoy reading them as much as those of our followers, but if you're not signed in, please sign off using some sort of identification. Than you for taking the time to comment!