Friday, January 16, 2015

Photo a Day // January // Week 2


 Photo a Day Banners
Before our day of preparation as we like to call it begins, I'll pop in for a minute and share what we've been up to the rest of this week. Isn't it nice to not have to go anywhere to do something and just listen to music as you prepare for the weekend? Friday is probably my favorite day of the week. Ha ha! How cliched does that sound! But really, I love working about the house, getting things in order for the Sabbath, without having to be on any type of schedule per-say except for having said things done by the end of it. Oh what a good day it is!
IMG_7926
Friday: the munchkins worked on clearing the driveway of snow.
IMG_7983
Saturday: Church was cancelled for a storm that never showed, so I did crafts with the littles.
IMG_8248
Sunday: Mom made a pair of mittens from recycled wool sweaters.
IMG_8252
Monday: We took dinner to an Aunt and Uncle's family after having their sixth child born the week before. The dinner consisted of  homemade bread sticks, as you can see. Yum!
IMG_8326
Tuesday: Bek and I made a dinner of soup and biscuits for the family while Mother was out and about.
Photo a Day Week 21
Wednesday: I spent the day doing alterations, mainly adding length to the hems of this dress.
IMG_8352
Thursday: Dad brought home the plans for a house that he is going to commence building within the next few months.

So there you have it! Our week in pictures. I'm quite happy to be having a weekend that consists of seeing our Church family. It is always such a joy to exchange the happenings of the weeks in-between visits, the funny stories, the sad life struggles. But when we are together it seems to make all the difference for when we do come across those days that are less enjoyable. I am feeling very blessed to be free, free to partisipate in the Sabbath of our Lord, to have His joy and peace throughout the week beforehand.

What have you done this week?
What was the last thing you baked for dinner?

Shalom!
Cassie
the Elder Sister & Writer 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely week Cassie! I haven't done much this week; mainly worked on music and such for our trio group, and of course the instructions for my sewing pattern I'm working on. Last thing I made for dinner... I can't remember at the moment, but the last thing I baked, period, is a baked banana pancake for breakfast (boy was that good! And healthy too!).

    Blessings,

    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts about this post! We allow anonymous comments and enjoy reading them as much as those of our followers, but if you're not signed in, please sign off using some sort of identification. Than you for taking the time to comment!